MARCH MADNESS Marketing for success & profit
Yes, the time is now for some slam dunk marketing tips. If you own or are looking to start a landscape curb installation business, you need to do the following to ensure a successful kick off each and every year:
- Home & Garden Shows = you need to be on display in front of “hot” potential customers who are shopping for new ideas for their homes. The time of these shows are typically in the Spring between February and April and prove to be very successful with generating leads and interest.
- Yard Signs = you must have yard signs that are easy to read and graphically pleasing that represents your work at each and every job site. These are very effective as people who are walking and driving by see your sign and look at your work. Every job produces more jobs just from people seeing it.
- Spring Specials = Spend the money on a coupon color mailer that goes out to everyone that has an address. Typically a ½ page ad costs $1,000; however, you more than cover your expense with the number of jobs you receive from people redeeming their coupon.
- Press Release = this is free advertising. You must contact your local newspaper and sell yourself and your business to them in hopes to get an article in the local paper. The editor will write about you and your business as long as they feel it is going to be interesting for their readers. That being said, make sure your delivery to the editor is exciting and interesting.
- Website update = every year you should enhance your website. Every reputable business needs to have a website and every website needs to represent a constant state of change. Refresh the photos, list the upcoming shows you will be in, list a special you are running, get creative.
You do not need to spend a lot of money to make a lot of money. The above mentioned tips are listed as a very affordable way to generate sales and give you an incredible return on your investment. If you’re looking for the most marketing bang for your buck, invest in my list of marketing tips and I guarantee you’ll see results.
Have a GREAT 2007!